Sunday, January 22, 2012

One of those Lifetime Firsts!

We're back to winter here, a white blanket of snow, and beautiful cold sunny days, at least for the weekend. We notice the birds at the feeder outside the window, but yesterday there was something that looked a little different. We had to stand and watch for several minutes, while it flew away to the pine trees, presumably dining on it's stolen sunflower seed.


Once we got a good glimpse of it, we had to get out the bird book, 'cause this light and gray bird had a crest, and there aren't many birds like that. It turned out to be a Tufted Titmouse, a species I have never seen before. I got out the camera, and waited. It only stayed for 10 seconds, but I managed to get one clear shot.


This is the actual picture I took, the one above is cropped down from this. I must have been lucky with the focus to enlarge it and still have it this clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment