Friday, April 25, 2014

Flooded Fences

With all the snow melt, run-off and flooded creeks, we have a lot of fences that are currently standing in water.  They always seem particularly picturesque to me, so here are a few I found while driving around a week or 10 days ago.  We still had a fair bit of snow, and it was snowing heavily in the final photo.





This is the first time I've had the opportunity, so I'm  linking to 'Good Fences'.
 
http://run-a-roundranch.blogspot.ca/p/good-fences-link-up.html


And in case you're wondering, yes I got all my marking done and handed in.  I actually enjoyed reading 56 different articles on Scotland.  Today's students write some remarkable stuff.  We got in a quick break too, but now it's back to regular blogging - so many things to take pictures of now.


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I like the reflections in the floodwaters and the last one is so pretty with the snowflakes and only the red dogwood for colour. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite familiar! I remember scenes like that in fields a lot when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT looking fences AND reflections! hoping the flooding isn't too bad! thanks for linking in - you were last one to squeeze in this week! hope you'll be back next thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some great fence pictures there. A bonus is the reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful fence photos! I LOVE that last one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, Bet most of the fences in your area are under water this time of year --with all of the snow melt... That water/snow has to go somewhere... I'm surprised that there isn't more flooding.... But your area is used to LOTS of snow each winter---so I guess it all works out somehow...

    I do like your 'fence' photos --especially that last one... Awesome.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photo with blue water .but they are all so picturesque. Scotland, I wonder if anyone wrote about the areas in Lanarkshire, where my Mum was born. And the papers, lots more interesting that equations. Cheers, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the last one. I should have pictured the one at a golf course I pass. White vinyl fence sitting in water up to its post caps.

    ReplyDelete