Thursday, July 30, 2015

The Birdhouse Fence!

Last weekend, after stopping in Stokes Bay up the Bruce Peninsula for their 'Summerfest', we drove down some sideroads and encountered the 'Birdhouse Fence'!  I couldn't resist taking a few shots of this unique exhibition  of folk art!

If you look closely you'll see that there's actually a double line of fenceposts.  I guess they added extra posts out front in order to add more birdhouses!

If there are posts but no actual fencing between the posts, does that still count as a fence?

 Someone has had a lot of fun creating this.

If anyone local is interested, this was found on the road south out of the village of Stokes Bay.

Linking to:

22 comments:

  1. I love this birdhouse fence..They have some really cute birdhouses too. Great find, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these whimsical bird houses. I wonder if any birds took up residence in any of them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this totally rocks! I want this. I love this, and I have the perfect spot for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a whimsical way of decorating a fence line. Great idea. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The owl really stands out among them for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would be a fun thing to collect. He has a large variety to show off. I wonder if they come in for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun oh so fun! This is just an amazing fence with all those cute birdhouses. I loved your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it!
    The ravine is the one just up from where you lived by Casa Loma.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea too! Fun, resourceful and a sure way to make folk smile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cool!! I like the mini-guitar birdhouse! Would be fun to meet the person that created this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This guy really had some fun with this project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a delightful fence...I did see a fence among the bird houses. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow is that ever a cool fence. I LOVE it and would like to have one of my own. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are beautiful and really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun is this? Someone did have some fun creating it. I wonder what the history is behind it all. I guess you could still call it a fence. I keeps out cows, but not the birds. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh isn't that clever? Totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What fun! Someone had a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What fun! Someone had a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Marvelous! I've seen fences with bird houses but nothing like this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. that is the most unique fence I have ever seen

    ReplyDelete